Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who knew? Blue cheese and coffee

It was an accident. I woke up at noon to an annoying phone call from my mom who talked about the weather. Since I was hungover and didn't feel like lunching with Michael, I rummaged through my fridge for something to eat. Luckily, I found a cobb salad I hadn't eaten yet, mostly because I decided to drink a few beers that day after I had purchased carry-out from a local deli.

So there sat a yummy salad with lots of meat and cheese, only a couple of days old. At first I noticed that the blue cheese had imparted a medicinal quality to the then stale bread. I ate it anyway. Since I had recently woken up, I brewed coffee. Lo and behold, after I had taken a few bites of my breakfast, I sipped some coffee and had a serendipitous moment. Coffee - good coffee - with blue cheese is amazing! It is an irreverent pairing for sure, but I want you to try it.

I also recommend salads for breakfast, provided you wake up at noon, hungover.

No comments:

Post a Comment